Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I Do"

I've been collecting brides and grooms for a bit now.  When my mom gave me her cake topper bride and groom, I was so thrilled!  It's from 1944.



 

I've bought some at antique shows........This couple is so dang cute!




This is one I just bought at the July Portland Expo from Sue (and Joe!).  I had seen both of them at many estate sales, but had never really chatted with them until last weekend.  What truly nice people!  Sue's blog is here.  I love my latest acquisition from them.



Another darling couple!


These silly stick pins I purchased in Denmark a few years ago.  Not valuable, but funky!!

Weddings are on my mind....my daughter and son-in-law will have been married 2 years on Monday.  Woo hoo!!  Here's to 50 more :) !!
~Kay

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, our anniversary is on Monday! I forgot it was so soon! Thanks for reminding me :)

    I love your bride and groom collection. And I didn't realize that Grandma gave you her wedding topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice collection. It was good to see you last weekend. Glad things have calmed down just a little for you :)
    Blessings
    Julie

    ReplyDelete