Monday, August 9, 2010

Treasures


Sigh.....there's just not many things better than finding really great treasures. Things that, in my eye anyway!, are just beautiful, whimsical, one-of-a-kind, well loved goodies. Just makes me smile looking at them.  My inner voice is saying "I really want that".....

I'm just so glad I found some things that aren't "big".  It's no exaggeration that our shop next to our house is jam packed/overflowing/stuffed to the brim with (as some people would say) junk. 

 But it's all good junk......really.

  For a long time, I would buy fixer uppers.  I'm cheap : )  And those ones that I bought when Steve and I first started doing this 6 years ago are still sitting in that shop,
waiting to be sanded, painted, fixed, cleaned, adjusted, embellished.....

And, of course, they're all BIG. Bummer.  But I just can't let go of them. (I know, get over it!)

But I have to say I DO plan on selling them all.  I'm not a pack rat. A bit disorganized and messy maybe.  With a longer "to-do" list than the average person.

But that's all beside the point!

I wanted to share what cool things I found at a few estate sales and at the Brownsville Antique Fair this weekend.

(The very top picture has some great 40's majorette batons! a graniteware "nursing " cup (gotta look that one up!), and the best wicker sewing cabinet)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been drawn to all kinds of chalkware lately!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love these candlesticks!  From Portugal.  And a fantastic flow blue platter


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A great metal basket, the best vintage purse with a beautiful long silver clasp, a metal "note" pad cover, and
the prettiest purple transferware plate.


Love these old breadboxes, classic pink and black!



Oh, my favorite.  It's a tea box (apparently!).  A papered outside with a metal inside.  Nice and big.  Something really great to save for Farm Chicks next year!

Thanks for reading this loooong post!  ~Kay

1 comment: